Advantages of Using a Cloud-Based Communication System
There are a number of key advantages to using a Hosted PBX versus purchasing an on-premise office telephone system and using traditional telephone services. Whether you are seeking a hosted VoIP system, a Unified Communications (UC) solution, or a team collaboration app, today's cloud technologies offer big advantages businesses. Below are a few reasons to make the switch to a cloud-based system:
- Scalability– Traditional phone systems are limited by how many users and lines they can handle as well as how many lines you have purchased from your local telephone provider. Cloud-based systems can expand or shrink with your business as needed.
- Security - It's important to be aware of any potential security risks ahead of time and know how you can prevent them. Phishing, fraud, intercepted calls, spoofing and more are all typical security threats but can be easily prevented with the right security in place. Choosing the right Hosted PBX provider gives you and your business more security than a traditional phone system ever could. Cloud phone services utilize a number of carrier-grade security measures that few businesses could ever afford on their own. Encryption at rest and in motion, cloud security, physical security, protected file transfer, and more measures for safe connections are inherent with hosted VoIP solutions. HIPAA, PCI, GDPR compliance measures and more are put in place so that users, calls, and their data are kept safe. Additionally, cloud communication providers host all their servers and associated equipment in secure facilities in top-tier data centers.
- Reliability - Hosted VoIP providers have multiple points of presence around the country and often around the world. Hosted providers house their systems in top-tier, carrier-grade, multi-redundant data centers. They are constantly maintained, backed up, and secured, at all times. Uptime and failsafe methods like disaster recovery and high-availability are included to keep businesses connected.
- Initial Cost Savings– You do not need to make a large upfront investment by purchasing a traditional, on-premise office telephone system and there is no need to maintain it. With a Hosted PBX solution, the office telephone system is operated and maintained by the service provider.
- Ongoing Cost Savings– Typically, a Hosted PBX implementation is significantly less expensive over the long run than a traditional PBX, when considering the numerous hidden costs associated with owning and maintaining an on-premise system. These ongoing savings are in addition to the initial savings on capital outlay. Additionally, almost all hosted VoIP solutions include unlimited local and long-distance calling packages. Some providers will even include unlimited international calling.
- Mobility/Geographical Flexibility– Employees can work from anywhere, securely when your office phone system is virtual. You can have employees working from home, other offices, mobile phones, and even overseas.
- Local Presence– Hosted PBX systems allow you to get local virtual numbers in cities where you are not physically located which allows you to create a virtual presence or open a virtual office nearly anywhere in the world.
- Credibility– For small businesses, a virtual system can give them instant credibility by presenting their customers with a professional solution complete with multi-level IVR/Auto-Attendant options, DID numbers, and some providers will even allow business SMS texting. Traditional telephone systems are generally cost-prohibitive for smaller organizations.
- Quick Setup– A Hosted PBX solution can have you up and running very quickly compared to a traditional telephone system.
- Ease of Use– End-user management of a Hosted PBX is far more user-friendly than is the case with traditional solutions. Intuitive web interfaces mean that anyone can manage, monitor and make changes to the service at any time, without needing any specialized skills or experience.
- Quality - voice quality has long been a reasonable concern when considering VoIP in general and hosted VoIP in particular. There have been numerous industry-wide advancements in technology, codecs, protocols and more. Simple and easy network “tweaks” are a part of any Hosted VoIP/PBX implementation and will ensure that all voice calls are crystal clear and prioritized on your network.
Cloud 9 Advisers and our distributors are made up of more than 70 consultants, engineers, project managers, and experts in numerous disciplines. We are trusted advisers and a full-service technology broker. We are impartial, independent, and supplier-neutral. Join our Consulting & Buying Program and get free and exclusive access to our marketplace of nearly 200 vetted and prequalified suppliers. Plus, have our entire team at your disposal. We’ll help design the right solution, get pricing from multiple competing suppliers, and guide you through the evaluation and procurement process. Use our evaluation tools to document due diligence and present to management. We’ll help you with everything before, during, and after implementation of your new services. Visit www.Cloud9Advisers.com for more information.